Sunday, August 15, 2021

August 15, 2021

 I've been awake since 1:30am ... I took melatonin, too! Just too much on my mind, I guess ... 

Yesterday, I set up at the flea market. Made $15! So, I was able to buy more chick food! Talked with some of the guys there and discovered another food bank that's in Kingman. I'll be going tomorrow, as I also need to try to get food stamps again. I got very discouraged before with the runaround at that office when I went in April. We'll see what happens.

I finally registered as a 'nest run' egg operator! I have no idea why I didn't get this done before! It's free! So, The Precious Ménagerie Poultry Farm is now legal (although I've been selling a few dozen eggs here and there all along ...)

~~~~~

Coyote, Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge, Washington

Coyote, Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge, Washington - Photo by Tony Varela Photography

Never be afraid to sit awhile and think. ~ Lorraine Hansberry

~~~~~

I need to move a shelf unit from the trailer/shed to my stock room and get more stuff off of the floor today. Then, I have to get everything out of the truck and put it back in the room. I need the space for shopping tomorrow.

I also need to start moving the chicken runs/coops. I think I'll get the wooden one moved today.

~~~~~

I think I'm going to start taking cookies and cupcakes to the flea market again. The weather is cooling off a bit, so my kitchen is tolerable to cook in. Maybe pound cakes, too. We'll see!

The last week, I've been sloooowly getting the fridge cleaned. One shelf a day. I'm on the last shelf and will start on the drawers tomorrow. Later in the week, I'll start on the freezer. 

~~~~~

9:45am

I'm melting ... It's only about 84°F outside, but I am wore out already. I got the area of the chicken yard raked where I want to put the wooden coop, but that's as far as I got! I did get the truck emptied out, though. So, I need to rest, take a shower and wash dishes. Then, I'm going to play the rest of the day. Watch TV, read, make some graphics, surf the web ...

~~~~~

2:30pm

Played around with my graphics program and made this wallpaper.

It's gotten to nearly 100°F ... It was not supposed to! Ugh. I hate living in the desert, but I am stuck here for the rest of my life ... :/ Trying to make the most of it, but it is so hard sometimes ...

Lunch was basically a snack ... 1/4 chocolate bar dipped in mascarpone; mixed nuts; water.

Dinner will be double hamburger with chips; creamy honey milk.

~~~~~

No comments: