Thursday, August 5, 2021

August 5, 2021

 

8am

Woke up at 6 this morning.

Took Nikky for a walk around the property. Starting tomorrow, we'll be taking a box with us to pick up garbage. The previous owners just dumped so much crap over the years, that I constantly find little pieces of metal, plastic, etc. I was so happy to see some of the little bushes are coming back up from their roots! I really thought the goats had killed everything. But, Nature will out! Oh, I wore my Vibrams for the walk. I found them at the GoodWill last year and never wore them! I now LOVE them. So much more comfortable than I thought they would be. 

I have so much to do today. I have to bag up the garbage from my barrels, load up the truck with a bunch of other stuff, too. I want to go to the landfill tomorrow morning. Then, I need to get that wall that I sanded yesterday wiped down and vacuum up the dust below it. And, of course, must get back to listing on eBay, whether they fixed the draft listing tool or not. I'll just have to start from scratch if they didn't.

And, Nikky must be brushed and combed today. Plus, clean the rabbit cage.

 

The rescue transport I was going to do later this month got revised, due to the dog's health - eye problem. So, won't be doing that one. :( 

 Pismo Dunes Natural Preserve, Oceano, San Luis Obispo County, California

 Pismo Dunes Natural Preserve, Oceano, San Luis Obispo County, California - Photo by James A. Crawford

Life doesn’t move in straight lines, and neither does a good conversation. ~ Margaret J. Wheatley

~~~~~

9am

Well, not as much garbage in the barrels as I thought I had. But, everything is bagged or boxed up and ready to load in the morning.

Time for inside chores, now ... and, some music ...


~~~~~

11am

Lunch will be a slice of lemon poppyseed poundcake (just took it out of the oven!), drizzled with a little maple syrup and cream, and some water to drink. The rest of the poundcake is for the chickens. Really.

Dinner will be sausage/egg scramble, with apple-cranberry milk tea.

4:15pm

Money is getting really low. Have to go to Kingman in the morning. Enough for gas in the bank and $50 cash for a few groceries and maybe some food for the chickies ... :/

No comments: