Wednesday, August 25, 2021

August 25, 2021 - another heat wave

Yesterday was very stressful for me. It started off well with 2 eBay sales. Then, it went downhill. I went to the mail store and got a bunch of government mail ... about food stamps and healthcare ... I got my EBT card, but after spending a ridiculous amount of time arguing with my phone, I could not get it registered ... so, I had to go to Kingman. As usual, I get the runaround at the local DES office. Even though I did the damn phone interview and submitted all paperwork needed, I had to call on the phone again to 'make sure' they got all the paperwork ... so, basically, a second phone interview!@@!!*&^%&^$*&^^) And, they need to update their paperwork, website, and their phone messages, which ALL say you can go to your local DES office for the interview, etc.!! I wasted $40 for gas! Surprisingly, one of the ladies did help me get the card registered. Then, while still in Kingman, I tried several times to get through for that second interview. No go. All lines are tied up. When I got home, I tried for 4 hours to get through ... I got such a headache from their incessant hold musak. I finally got through after 5:30!! After arguing about my royalty checks (which the gal could not understand what it was ... ), I finally got approved. So, I got food stamps ...

~~~~~

Queen’s Garden Trail, Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

Queen’s Garden Trail, Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah - Photo by Karen Hall

I thought of the wilderness we had left behind us, open to sea and sky, joyous in its plenitude and simplicity, perfect yet vulnerable, unaware of what is coming, defended by nothing, guarded by no one.

~ Edward Abbey

~~~~~


~~~~~

11:30am

So, I just spent about $50 of my food stamps at the only 2 stores in town (until the Dollar General and the supermarket are ready to open, whenever that will be ...) For now, there is just Family Dollar and a small family market that is waaaay overpriced. But, at least, I know my card works!

Now, to start listing things on eBay for the day.

~~~~~ 

3pm

Yay. Made an eBay sale of something that I've had listed since Feb.! That's always a good thing! Move the older stuff!

The 100+ heat is back ... at least 3 days of this ...

~~~~~

~~~~~

I made a wallpaper last night of the old movie I watched, The Exile. A Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. swashbuckler.


No comments: