Wednesday, August 4, 2021

August 4, 2021 -

I've got to remember to always take my melatonin/elderberry drops before bed. I slept until almost 6:30 this morning! Good!

As always, so much to do today. I have to get water for my underground tank. I should get 3 loads, but may only get 2, since it will be getting very hot again today. I need to do a load of laundry, sand and wipe down a wall in the living room (it's been over a year since the painting started, but I am determined to finally get the living room and kitchen painted by the end of this year!), vacuum/ mop the floor, work on eBay listings if they fixed their issue ... and, more ...

~~~~~

Cottontail, Santa Margarita, California - Photo by Victoria Morrow

The countenance is the portrait of the soul, and the eyes mark its intentions. ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

~~~~~

11:30am

Well ... eBay still has an issue with draft posting ... very annoying.

I did get three loads of water. My underground tank is full. If I'm lucky, I might have enough to last to nearly the end of the month! :)

Too hot right now to do much, other than make some lunch, work on a puzzle and watch videos ... might take a cold shower later (still without a hot water heater since it quit last March ...) It's actually kind-of 'lukewarm' since the ground is hot and that heats the underground tank, somewhat ...

Lunch is a homegrown fig, mixed nuts, black olives, raw Cheddar cheese, salami and ⅓ of dark chocolate bar dipped in mascarpone, with water.

Dinner will be hamburger and chips, with elderberry milk tea.

Looks like eBay is still having listing from drafts issues - forums are full of posts about it ... Hope they have it fixed tomorrow! I have hundreds of things to list!

Ugh. It's 103°F ... 6 more hours until it cools off ...

~~~~~

1:45pm

OMG. That shower felt sooo good!!!

I just found out about a research tool ON eBay that I didn't know about! This opens up some new ideas! YouTube vids can be very useful!

2:30pm

Damn ... 105°F ...

Sanding some spots on the living room wall ...

4:15pm ...it got to 106°F ... I'm melting ...

I think I just found my new favorite way to cook hamburger patties! In the oven! No messy spatter to clean up!

6pm

I think I've killed about 30 flies in the house today. They are so bad this year!! I finally had to close the kitchen window that only has a baby gate for a 'screen'. I have to vacuum all the dead bodies after dinner. The cats and Nikky couldn't keep up with the clean-up! Ew.

I do not like salt and vinegar potato chips.

6:30 pm

I have a new goal. One I had wanted to start when I first bought this place. Walking. I have a fenced 1.25 acres. So, starting tomorrow when I get up. Nikky and I are going to walk the fenceline. It is cool enough in the morning that neither of us should get over-heated. She'll be on the long-line, since she tends to go after the bunnies and squirrels.

I'm going to watch TV and work on a puzzle, now. I hope eBay has its act together tomorrow, so I can get some listings done.

No comments: