Saturday, July 10, 2021

July 10, 2021

This heat is insufferable ... 100°F. at 9 am ... too much! We are supposed to get to 112 today. I hope me and the critters survive ... seriously. I have some elderly critters ... According to some predictions, today is the last day this high for the year. I hope so!!! It starts trending down slightly tomorrow.

Wish I was in the water with these grebes!!

Western grebe
Western grebe

Photo by Alice Cahill

Everyone has a gift for something, even if it is the gift of being a good friend. ~ Marian Anderson

~~~~~

Look at this gorgeous bird!!! A phainopeplas!! I would love to see one in person.

male phainopepla

~~~~~

I picked up a small used microwave at the food donation site yesterday, where I get all the free food for my critters ... they asked if I would take it, since they had nowhere to put it ... yeah. I took it ... don't know if I will keep it, though. I am a true cast-iron pan devotée ... I love all my pots and pans. Here is a funny story about cast-iron: The Myth of the Cast-Iron Pan

~~~~~

Today's lunch is a nice, cold strawberry smoothie.

Dinner will be chicken leg quarters (baked in a cast-iron pot!)

~~~~~

I received the grit for my new rock tumbler. I'm going to set it up later and start a batch!

~~~~~

It got to 112 today ... I have no appetite and no way I'm turning on the oven! Might make a salami sandwich later ...

No comments: