Sunday, July 18, 2021

July 18, 2021 - What a ride!

I've been busy being lazy since the last post. Kind of resting up for a long drive. 

Yesterday, I made my first trip to Vegas!! Not as a tourist, though. I am a volunteer for Many Paws Rescue Transport group. If you are interested in volunteering to rescue dogs and other small critters, click image below! 


This was a massive undertaking and it is still on-going for the last few legs today. My 'leg' was for the Kingman, AZ. to Las Vegas, NV. section of the trip. The dogs started in Mesa, AZ. and most will end up in Blackfoot, ID. by the end of today. The trip started with 19 dogs in Mesa ... sadly, one tiny dog escaped at the transfer spot in Congress, AZ. The search is still ongoing for her ... volunteers are still needed for the search. It's a small town with a lot of desert around it ...

The transport was delayed for about 90 minutes while the various drivers helped search until volunteers could arrive and local townsfolk were found to help. My leg finally got going a bit after noon (original start for me was 10:35am.) I transported Sherman and Myka. :)

They travelled really well. Quiet and didn't get sick. A couple of the smaller dogs got stress dehydration and had to be cleaned up and rested when we got to Vegas. More dogs joined the 'convoy' in Vegas, then a few more joined in another town along the line. So, eventually over 20 dogs are going to ID. on this trip. Amazing that so many people converged for this project to save these little lives and find them homes.

After I was done with my transfer, I headed home. But, I figured it was still early enough that I could play tourist and stop at a couple of scenic areas around Lake Mead. So, here's a few pics of the lake that is drying up, from different sides ... :/ You can really see how low the water level is ...
















 

The first 11 pics were from the scenic view at the Nevada/Arizona border station area. The next 5 were at the view north of White Springs, AZ. The last one was just some mountains across the highway from it.

So, it was a nice day for me. A nice drive (except for the Vegas traffic!!!), and I got home by 4! So, the critters were happy to get their dinners on time!

Today's plan is to catch up on some eBay listings and graphics work.

No comments: