Tuesday, July 6, 2021

July 6, 2021

 

I woke up at 5 this morning. Better than yesterday!

I was finally able to update yesterday's blog with pictures. My photos finally showed up on the Google Photos website this morning.

The final number of hatched chicks is 8. Here are pics of the 3 clutches hatched so far this year.

6 chicks hatched on May 11-12

5 chicks hatched June 5-7

8 chicks hatched July 3-5

Truman showed up for breakfast this morning. 🐱 This morning's meal for the cats and Nikky is homegrown raw egg and free canned tuna. They all gobbled it up quickly!

I found a black widow by the basement door yesterday. 🕷 It hid when I tried to remove it to kill. So, will try again today.

I think there is a tarantula down there, too. A small one. I've seen it twice, at night. But, it's in the shadows, so not sure, yet. If so, I will relocate that one.

No sales overnight ...

I started making another puzzle last night. It's only 500 pieces, so I should finish it this evening.

Tea tag inspiration:


I have to go to the mail shop to ship last weekend's sales in a few hours. It is just down the road ... and, it's 2 buildings down from the actual post office annex ... but, I don't like to go there. The gal that runs it is nuts and rude ... Anyway, I need to go to the Family Dollar, too. I can't find my new pack of dry erase markers! So, I'll buy another and probably find it later! haha. And, I want to check on the progress of the new Dollar General they are building near the library. Our little town seems to be growing.

7:30am

Laundry is started.

10am

Laundry is on the drying racks. Chickens are all fed/watered. Going to town, now.

That didn't take long. It's 10:45. The Dollar General should be open next month, I think. The building is pretty much done. Got a few things for my office at Family Dollar, then dropped the packages off. Came home and vacuumed the living room. Going to rest for a bit, then take pictures of a few things I want to list on eBay next.

Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World - Medley

Ain't No Sunshine

You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You

I got the grit ordered for my rock tumbler. Should be here Friday, so I can start it this weekend!

Gah! It's already 102°F at 11:30am. Supposed to get to 105 today.

Lunch is nuts, yogurt and sun tea.


 Dinner will be bacon/egg muffin and milk tea.

I got another eBay listing updated to include international shipping.

Damn. Another excessive heat watch starts tomorrow! https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/dolan-springs/86441/weather-warnings/2133915

105 at 2pm.

I'm trying to get the front off of the little a/c in my bedroom to thoroughly clean the fins ... but, not having any luck, yet. I am so damn hot in here. It is 102 inside. 

I couldn't get the front off, but a handy little retired toothbrush got most of the crud off the fins. It's now 106 outside and 100 inside ...

It's 3pm. I'm pretty much done-in for the day.  The heat really gets to me. I'm going to watch some videos before I have to go out to feed/water the chickens.

It is now 107 at 5:45pm. Ugh. I had to cook in my super-hot kitchen. Luckily eggs and bacon are fast. So, I'm sitting in front of my little air conditioner, working on a puzzle and watching Poirot.


No comments: