Monday, July 12, 2021

July 12, 2021

I did not sleep at all last night ... this heat is really getting to me.

I didn't do too much yesterday. I did make a make-shift screen for the big kitchen window, so I could open the window without worrying the cats would get out. I used a baby gate with a tension bar! And, it worked! It really helped keep the temp in the kitchen and living room at around 102, rather than 110! Sheriff and the doves have really been struggling with the heat.

Thankfully, the heatwave finally ends today. We'll be in the 90s for the next 2 weeks or so ...

Other than that, I mostly worked on my graphics site.

A lot to do today, though. The basement chicks need to be moved outside so the bin chicks can move down to the basement. Too tired to butcher a rooster ... need to get back to that next week, though. Still have 7 extras that need to go ...

Have to vacuum the trailer shed; wash a load of laundry ... do some updates on eBay ... work on the graphics site. And, I need to get the rock tumbler started!

I might be doing a rescue transport on Saturday. Still in the planning stages. I need to measure the inside of my Yukon to see how many crates will safely fit. It's a major transport of 14 dogs, plus newborn pups. My leg would be Kingman to Vegas. I've never been to Las Vegas.

~~~~~

Fritillary Butterfly in San Luis Obispo, California

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

~~~~~

I moved the portable washing machine out of the bathroom, finally. It's in the trailer shed. When we first moved here, I said that I wanted the laundry room in there. So, now, it is! I did a load of laundry in there, using the garden hose to fill it and drained it into the yard (grey water, as I use very natural 'soaps' - borax, washing soda and baking soda). I hated draining it into the septic. Such waste of water. The original washer that is in the basement (which broke down earlier this year) drained as grey water. Anyway ... I vacuumed about one-fourth of the trailer shed. Will do more another time. I will be moving the dryer racks out there tomorrow. I'm tired of the cats always pulling everything off the bottom rungs ... When the weather is better, I'll hang things on the big clotheslines.

Got the chickies moved. Will take pics tomorrow. They are sooo pretty. They have some of the best leg feathering!

I got a puzzle listed on eBay that I just finished making.

Now, to clean the rabbit and dove cages!

11:30am

Got the cages cleaned. And, started the rock tumbler! The first stage is 7 days. Then, I clean the rocks before the second stage. There are 4 stages before the rocks are polished and shiny gems. Takes about a month to complete a batch.

Lunch is a salami sandwich and chips with elderberry milk tea.

Dinner will be ... something ... should be chicken, but may not want to bake tonight ... 

I'm going to work on the graphics site for one hour and then ... watch TV and work on another puzzle!

4pm

Cousin called. He is STILL waiting for his heart surgery!! He was born with heart valve problems that weren't discovered until he was 21 (crappy family doctor ...) He has to have valve replacements about every 10 years, because they wear out - he's 61, now, and this will be surgery #5, I think ... so, he still can't bring my stuff from storage until that is resolved. He's hoping it will be soon, so he is shopping for a used cargo trailer. He may have to buy one here as he can't find any used ones in his area of CA. So, I am looking on Craigslist and FB Marketplace for him.

No comments: