Tuesday, July 13, 2021

July 13, 2021

Woke to a knock-down, drag-out thunder and lightning storm at about 3:30. Still on-going an hour later. Random rain. The smell of petrichor is strong. Supposed to be a flash flood watch on this afternoon. At least I slept for about 5 hours ...

Rainbows after a spring storm, Steptoe Butte State Park in Colfax, Washington

~~~~~

Urge Senate: Vote "Yes" for Infrastructure Bill Amendment to End American Horses Going to Slaughter

~~~~~

6 am.

Truman came to visit! I hadn't seen him all week. With the insane heat, he must have been hiding out. I just gave him a few pieces of raw beef and a raw egg. He's chowing down.

I need to start exercising again. I stopped in April when it started getting hotter ... it's still too hot, but I really need to get back at it!! I miss watching my Jack LaLanne videos to prompt me!

I have to go to the mail store this morning to ship something.

7:45am

Started a load of laundry; vacuumed more of the shed; will move the dryer racks out there in a bit. Next week, I may try to move the countertop dryer out there, as there is a way to vent it to the outside. I need to measure it, though, to see if I can get it through the narrow doorway ...

Noon

It was nice out this morning after the rains. Sun was out for a bit, but more clouds are coming. I hope it rains again. We need it so badly! It's 'only' 91°F. Nice.

Went to the mail store. Saw a new calf and it's mama walking along the sidewalk. I need to remember to take my phone with me when I go that short distance ... I miss a lot of good pics without it.

Came home and finished the laundry and moved all the drying racks to the shed. I need to go out and fold everything to put away. 

Lunch was vanilla yogurt with nutmeg, and dark chocolate dipped in crème fraîche, with water.

Dinner will be home-grown chicken leg quarters. They are baking now. I'll cut the meat off the bone and have with cheesy rice. I will most likely have some milk tea, too. Haven't decided which flavor tea, yet.

~~~~~

Ugh! I am so upset! CaféPress has flagged my Chimpanzee Hug image!!! WTF!!! Just emailed them to find out why ... I was about half-way done with re-vamping that section! I'm at a loss ... I've been selling this image on CP products since 2006!!!

I'm done for the day. I'm going to work on a puzzle and watch TV ...

No comments: