Thursday, July 22, 2021

July 22, 2021

8 am

I got the chicken in the crockpot! So, we'll have chicken falling off the bone for dinner tonight. Mmmm.

And, I got about half the dishes washed. Will finish them after lunch.

Lots of things to get listed on eBay today.

Will get a load of laundry going after I feed the chickies ...

It sounds like it may be rumbling outside already. Clouds moving in for another semi-rainy day. Love it. It is keeping it fairly tolerable in temps. :)

Need to vacuum and clear the living room. I have a lot of stuff that needs to go in my store room. Then, I'll move my mini trampoline back to the living room, so I can use it. The ceiling is way too low in my bedroom to use in there. I did 5 counter push-ups this morning! Will get back to jumping on the trampoline this evening. My lymph glands are stagnating and I'm getting swollen ankles. Must remedy that!! Must get back to my exercises! Will get back to my Jack LaLanne vids on Monday! I will!

I've got to dig into my stash tomorrow to go do my shopping, pay a bill or two and get gas ... Not happy about it, but have to. I had hoped that money would last until the end of the year ... but, don't think it will ... :( I hope I get an oil check next week ...

~~~~~

Green Heron at Wildwood Park in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Green Heron at Wildwood Park in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Photo by Dale Bicksler

~~~~~

My first fig of the season! Will be having with lunch today. Last year, there were only 3 figs, total. But, even after the goats demolished it earlier this year, it came back strong! There are at least 10 more figs waiting to ripen!! When I was younger, my only experience with figs was the yucky, fruit-filled 'cookie' (Fig Newtons). They were disgusting ... But, I tried actual figs about 15 years ago and love them!! I'm not sure which variety this is, but I think it is a Black Mission fig.

Lunch will be the fig with crème fraîche; fried egg sandwich, and Virgil's Cream Soda.

Dinner will be slow-cooked chicken, with homemade eggnog (no booze).

~~~~~

11:30 am

Laundry is hung on the drying racks.

Starting another jigsaw puzzle after lunch. Just listed the one I finished last night. :)

I have one more listing I want to enter today before I start on lunch.

~~~~~

I got everything done that I'd planned for the day! That's rare! I'm going to watch TV and work on the puzzle the rest of the evening. :)

No comments: